YouTube is a free video sharing website that makes it easy to watch online videos. You can even create and upload your own videos to share with others. Originally created in 2005, YouTube is now one of the most popular sites on the Web, with visitors watching around 6 billion hours of video every month.
1. One of the main reasons that people are turning to YouTube is to save time. With YouTube you are not locked into hourlong viewing like most commercial programming. If you only have 10mins, you can find something to watch.
2. Another reason for using YouTube is to get help and learn something new. Finding out how to use gadgets, understand new technology or learn about a product or service. With YouTube you can get all this information in a simple to follow and usable format.
3. Finally, people use YouTube on a daily basis to stay up to date with the latest news and entertainment. Watching TV recaps, highlights or clips relating to your favorite hobby. A great benefit of YouTube is that you can watch this content at a time that suits you, it’s always available.
• YouTube is the second most-visited website in the world and is the top video streaming app
• The average user spends 23.2 hours per month watching videos
• In January 2021, Baby Shark Dance became the first YouTube video to surpass 10 billion views, snatching the crown of most-viewed YouTube video of all time!
One reason YouTube is so popular is the sheer number of videos you can find. On average, 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, so there’s always something new to watch! And you’ll find all kinds of videos on YouTube—adorable cats, quirky cooking demos, yoga sessions, travel tips, and a whole lot more.
Another reason YouTube is so popular: It’s all about user-generated content. Instead of videos from major TV networks and movie studios, you’ll find amazing and creative videos made by ordinary people just like you.
All Smart TVs within the Mitchell & Brown range will have the YouTube app already installed on your TV. Depending on which generation of our TVs you have, you may even have a short cut button on your remote control which will open up the YouTube app with a single click!
You can access YouTube by clicking the shortcut button on your remote, by pressing the home button and selecting YouTube from the smart applications menu or if you have one of our Android models with Voice Control, press and hold the Google Assistant button and simply say – “open YouTube”